I hope you all have been having a great week! Have you been hitting the gym and keeping those fitness goals? Remember consistency is key – so if you feel as though you haven’t done enough exercise for the week then make sure you take advantage of the weekend sunshine!
Today we are focussing on nutrition and more importantly foods that should not be part of your diet. You don’t want to be adding those extra calories back in after you have been working so hard at the gym during the week. There are many foods that have no nutritional benefits whatsoever, especially to those who wish to stay slim and in shape! Read below and see if you have been snacking on some of these items – you may find the source of those unwanted calories!
5 Foods You Should Never Eat
1. White Bread – This one is terrible! No-one should be eating white bread, especially with all the lovely wholemeal and grain breads in the market today, not to mention alternate options such as wraps and brown rice. White bread is high GI (glycemic index) carbohydrates. These carbohydrates cause sugars to be released quickly into the bloodstream, thus releasing insulin. This is the same reaction that happens when we eat anything high in sugar such as lollies etc, so ditch the white bread!
2. Animal Fat – I don’t know how many times I have seen people order a lovely steak at a restaurant, only to leave most of the lean meat and eat the large portion of fat on the outside! Obviously there are always going to be small amounts of animal fat in our diet, however stick to lean cuts and always remember to trim skin and extra fat off the portion.
3. Meat Pies – Did you know that on average a store bought or frozen meat pie contains around 20 grams of saturated fat and half a teaspoon of salt! Not to mention that meat pies only need to contain 25% actual “meat”, which can come from the connective tissue, the blood and blood vessels and skin. Yuck! That right there is a reason not to eat anymore “mystery meat” pies!
4. Potato Chips – Lucky for you chip lovers, Slim Secrets has their own range of Guilt Free Chips which you can snack on, which have less than 1.2 grams of fat per serve and are gluten free! Compared to normal potato chips, which have over 10 grams of fat per serve and are loaded with salt, sugars and other additives, the Slim Secrets variety are definitely the way to go.
5. Breakfast Cereals – Most people think that breakfast cereals are a healthy way to start the day, but unfortunately most of them are far from healthy. Containing very high amounts of sugar and refined carbohydrates, they are very easy to over-eat. Make sure you always check the serving size also, as some may claim that they are low in sugar, however the serving size is for half a cup – most people eat at least a cup or two when they pour their cereal!
Do you regularly eat the foods on this list? If so, then it’s time to make some changes to your diet! Stay tuned for Monday’s blog post and remember keep emailing me with your questions!