Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ask Courtney - What are some of your favorite beauty products?




One of my fabulous readers Ashley wanted to know:  

"Hi Courtney! From your experience as a model, what are some of your favorite beauty products or cosmetics that makeup artists have used in your photoshoots?"

Well I have been asked this many times over the years and I thought that I would share some of them with you all, so that you can also benefit from the many products that I have tried and tested! 

I am a product GURU and love spending hours in Sephora, trying out all the latest cosmetics and skin care products, as well as Neiman Marcus and MAC. (Don't even get me started on MAC lipglosses...I love them!)

Here are just a few of my top products at the moment, however I will update this list monthly for you all, as I receive so many requests about this topic.

I have also added all these products to my Fitness & Beauty Shop, where you can find all my favorite products at low prices! I spend a lot of time looking for great deals, so if I find an item at a great price then I will include the link so that you can purchase it directly, without paying a store premium :)


This is an amazing product and looks great on its own or over your eyeshadow. There is also a gold version which looks fabulous. You can also use this a highlighter on your cheekbones or add a touch at the top of your cupids bow, to make your lips look more defined.




One of my newest lip gloss additions. A makeup artist introduced to me this color, as it is perfect for summer with bronzed skin and a sculpted body! There are 3 shades in this range, however I am loving this color. Plus you can't beat the lovely little swirls inside, which adds dimension to the color on your lips.




Most self-confessed beauty addicts have at least one MAC Lip Glass in their kit. Now a lot of people don't like sticky glosses...I love sticky glosses! So if that sounds like you, then you will love these. They come in a range of colors and are not expensive. One of my favorite shades is Prrr - a frosty, pale pink that reminds me of the 90's! Paris Hilton is also a fan of that shade, so if you are looking for that "bombshell" lip, then definitely try it out!
Urban Decay Naked Palette

There is a reason why this is a "cult" eyeshadow palette - it really is amazing! Urban Decay has some of the best eyeshadow in the market, with lovely, pigmented hues and velvety textures. I use this all the time and it is one product that all women should have in their kit. I think it looks great on women with yellow undertones in their skin (especially with the gold and bronze colors), however you can also create a gorgeous chocolate smokey eye or nude, shimmery eye.

Stila Concealer

I have only started using this product recently, but have found it to be a great concealer. It has good coverage and is perfect for concealing redness, as well as brightening under your eyes.

Remember that the best beauty product you can add to your routine is drinking more water! It doesn't matter how many products you use, nothing looks better than a clear, healthy complexion. Your makeup will also look a lot better, so make sure you keep up that H20.

If you have any amazing beauty products that you would like to share, then feel free to add them below!

Be fit & fabulous!

Courtney

No comments: